Nature for All is supporting the Stewards, our diverse and active volunteer group, which includes alumni of our Leadership Academy. The Stewards group has grown from a few Leadership Academy graduates hiking together to an organized grassroots volunteer group. Follow their Instagram and Facebook for news of activities and events.
Our mission is to empower Nature for All alumni, volunteers, and community supporters to continue their advocacy work and support the goals of the Nature for All coalition, by:
- Engaging the community in conservation efforts
- Educating the public on the issues of access to our open space, environmental justice and civic participation
- Caring for our public lands and supporting Nature for All and other advocacy efforts
- Produce 9 more Wild LA Wednesday Book Club sessions on mammals, birds, plants, advocacy, protecting and expanding native habitat and wildlife in LA
- Promote local biodiversity education and community science as a local partner in the City Nature Challenge, April-May
- Plan outings, hikes and camping once restrictions are lifted!
The Stewards organize events to engage the community in conservation efforts and educate the public on issues of access to our open space, environmental justice, and civic participation. Recurring events include hikes, mixers, East Fork Golden Preservation cleanups, webinars, virtual book club events, film screenings, and “Convert-A-Can,” an art project that transforms trashcans in the San Gabriel Mountains into beautiful works of art.
Join our online series of interactive socials:
Wild LA Wednesdays Book Club: Open to all, join us anytime! From Fall 2020 – Spring 2021, we’re meeting over Zoom for Wild LA evening group discussions, guest speakers and fun activities. Open to all. Click link for details!
Friday Night Film Party: Join us for stimulating films and discussion. Open to all. Find out more!
Are you interested in volunteering? Please contact Araceli Hernandez, Araceli@LANatureforAll.org