We Need Your Support: Committee Hearings on the San Gabriel Mountains Foothills and Rivers Protection Act
The San Gabriel Mountains provide 70% of Los Angeles County’s open space, and the need has never been greater for improved visitor services, access to nature for our diverse urban population, and expanded natural resource protection. To address these issues, the San Gabriel Mountains, Foothills and Rivers Protection Act has been introduced in the House and Senate to:
- Expand the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument by adding approximately 109,143 acres in the upper Los Angeles River watershed;
- Establish the San Gabriel Mountains National Recreation Area for the San Gabriel and San Jose Foothills and the Rio Hondo and San Gabriel Rivers comprised of over 51,000 acres;
- Expand Wilderness area designations within the San Gabriel Mountains by 31,069 acres; and
- Designate 45.5 miles of Wild and Scenic Rivers in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Please sign our petition to urge Congress to pass these bills to ensure our threatened natural resources remain protected, vibrant and accessible to all, now and for future generations.
Take Action Today!
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/lanatureforall
Follow us on Twitter: @lanatureforall
Follow us and tag us in photos on Instagram: @lanatureforall #lanatureforall
Keep updated on local events with our calendar.
Apply for the Nature For All Leadership Academy
We host a Leadership Academy that trains members of all ages who want to learn about a grassroots campaign and gain environmental leadership skills. Find out more about the program here.
Volunteer for Us
Interested in volunteer opportunities? Nature For All and its member organizations have events and other engagement opportunities, from river clean-ups and tree-plantings to hikes and bike rides. Find out more about volunteer opportunities and sign up here.