The San Gabriel Mountains provide 70% of Los Angeles County’s open space, and the need has never been greater for improved visitor services, access to nature for our diverse urban population, and expanded natural resource protection. To address these issues, the San Gabriel Mountains, Foothills and Rivers Protection Act has been introduced in the House and Senate to:
- Expand the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument by adding approximately 109,143 acres in the upper Los Angeles River watershed;
- Establish the San Gabriel Mountains National Recreation Area for the San Gabriel and San Jose Foothills and the Rio Hondo and San Gabriel Rivers comprised of over 51,000 acres;
- Expand Wilderness area designations within the San Gabriel Mountains by 31,069 acres; and
- Designate 45.5 miles of Wild and Scenic Rivers in the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Please sign our petition to urge Congress to pass these bills to ensure our threatened natural resources remain protected, vibrant and accessible to all, now and for future generations.
Sign our Petition
Nature for All works to build a diverse base of support for ensuring that everyone in the Los Angeles area—no matter where they live—has equitable access to the wide range of benefits that nature can provide.
Nature For All coalition members include:
- Amigos de los Rios
- API Forward Movement (APIFM)
- Bike San Gabriel Valley (BikeSGV)
- California Wilderness Coalition (CalWild)
- The City Project
- Climate Resolve
- Council of Mexican Federations (COFEM)
- Day One
- National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA)
- Sierra Club
- Trout Unlimited
Subscribe to Nature For All emails!
Nature For All is a project of Community Partners ®