To cultivate volunteers and supporters and build a diverse legacy of stewardship, with a focus on empowering underserved community members.
We connect and engage with our core volunteer base of community leaders by providing training, materials, and volunteer opportunities to help with our outreach and advocacy efforts. This includes our Leadership Academy, work at community events, and more.
- Coalition organizations hosted leadership programs that align with our core goals: A3PCON’s Asian American Environmental Leadership Academy, COFEM’s promotores, and the Amigos de los Rios docent training program.
- The Leadership Academy has graduated eleven classes and a total of 107 individuals.
- In 2016, we engaged more than 100 individual volunteers, 25 super-volunteers; and five activists in local action and community engagement projects.
- With help from our volunteers, we collected 10,000 signatures in support of the our vision to protect and improve the San Gabriel Mountains.
- Our members hosted and attended 70+ community events, including Earth Day celebrations; a Mental Health Hike; Every Kid in a Park (EKIP) outings; and bike rides.
Sign up to volunteer!