We are excited to share that Nature for All is looking to hire its next team member and Program Manager!
The Program Manager will be responsible for making lasting connections with and between community members, community-based organizations, public agencies, schools, churches, parent centers, businesses, and key stakeholders in support of Nature for All’s leadership development program and outdoor access program offerings throughout Los Angeles County.
Our ideal candidate is a community-oriented individual who possesses a focus on equity, inclusion, cultural competency, and someone who has a love for the outdoors. Their outgoing nature and passion will inspire program participants from throughout Los Angeles County to learn more about, protect and enjoy nature. The Program Manager has proven experience with program management, interpretive program facilitation and outings, and is comfortable speaking and presenting to various audiences. The role requires a highly responsible, organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated individual who is committed to continuous learning; and can work both independently and as part of a team. This role will work to deliver a variety of live, in-person and virtual experiences. The Program Manager will report to the Senior Program Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate the planning, implementation, and evaluation of leadership development program curriculum and outdoor guided tours; to meet organizational objectives.
- Research, plan and conduct workshops and guided tours, with knowledge of the natural history, local flora, fauna and geology of the San Gabriel Mountains, local watersheds, and points of interest.
- Collaborate with team members and coordinate cross-project activities as it relates to all programs, communications, operations, and grant development and reporting.
- Assist to orient, supervise, and manage community ambassadors, program participants and volunteers.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Minimum of four years of professional experience working on issues related to public lands, regional habitats, parks, water, climate resilience, and advocacy in environmental/conservation issues.
- Strong interest in natural and environmental issues, tribal history, outdoor recreation, and nature.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to write, read and speak with diverse audiences in English and Spanish.
- Ability to work remotely as well as work outdoors for hours at a time for tours to local watershed areas, parks, the San Gabriel Mountains, and other destinations, including evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to perform this role safely, without endangering the health or safety of themselves or others.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office or Google Suite.
- May lift up to 50 lbs. periodically.
- A First-Aid Certificate must be obtained within 60 days after hiring and must be kept valid during the term of employment.
- Must have reliable transportation in order to be punctual and dependable and possess a valid California Driver’s License and insurance coverage to travel within Los Angeles County.
Desired Experience & Certification
- A genuine desire to serve the public.
- California Naturalist Certified, Certified Interpretive Guide
- BS/BA Degree
About Nature For All
Nature for All works to ensure that everyone in the Los Angeles region, especially from our underserved communities, has equitable access to nature and the benefits it provides. Nature for All was founded in 2018 as an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and is the coordinator of a coalition that is best known for building support for the designation of the San Gabriel Mountains National Monument in 2014. For more than a decade, Nature for All has provided programs which connect our communities to public lands, advance policies to protect our local mountains and rivers, and develop the next generation of diverse environmental leaders via leadership development and outdoor access programs.
Apply for this Position
The deadline to apply is May 3, 2022. To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.