Governor Gavin Newsom’s California Comeback Plan includes a big commitment to help California build healthy communities with a strong investment in outdoor spaces. We are delighted to see a billion dollars in the economic recovery package earmarked for equitable access to parks, more parks in park-poor neighborhoods, urban greening, and outdoor equity programs.
- $382 M for State Parks
- $200 M for Urban Greening
- $125 M for AB 31 Statewide Parks Program
- $68 M to expand State Parks programming for K-12
- $40 M for the Outdoor Equity Grants (AB 209) Program
- $14 M for the Explore the Coast Program
Also noteworthy: efforts to address climate change, drought and wildfires.