While buildings have blueprints, national monuments have management plans and the Forest Service needs our help creating a comprehensive management plan for the San Gabriel Mountains. It’s critical that communities in Los Angeles County continue to actively participate in the development of the management plan for the new monument, working to improve access and recreational amenities, while protecting waters and habitats.
Here’s how you can help.
Attend the U.S. Forest Service’s Public Meetings
Forest Service officials will answer questions and provide additional information at these meetings:
- Saturday, September 10, 1-3 pm: webinar (online registration required)
- Wednesday, September 14, 3-8 pm: Pico House, 430 N Main St., Los Angeles
- Thursday, September 15, 4-8 pm: The Centre, 20880 Centre Pointe Pkwy., Santa Clarita
- Saturday, September 17, 10 am-2 pm: Angeles National Forest Headquarters, 701 North Santa Anita Ave., Arcadia
- Tuesday, October 4, 3:30-7:30 pm: Big Pines Lodge, Angeles Crest Highway (Highway 2), Wrightwood
Submit Your Comments Online
Submit your comments on the plan to the Forest Service, urging them to make sure the final plan serves our communities.
Volunteer with Us!
Volunteers from San Gabriel Mountain Forever will be outside near entrances with information and suggested comments. We can always use more volunteers! It’s a fun opportunity to contribute to a great cause. Email us at email@example.com to find out more about ways you can be involved.