Our All Aboard for Nature program aims to diversify and expand access to nature by getting underserved communities outdoors to enjoy the benefits provided by our public lands and open, green spaces.
Our team, including trained California Naturalists, provides shuttle service to area parks and beaches for recreation and lunch and to learn about nature.
- 51% of Los Angeles residents do not have a public park or open space within walking distance of their home.
- Millions of urban LA County residents are without backyards, vehicles, or nearby parks, and lack access to nature.
- The Angeles National Forest/San Gabriel Mountains National Monument provides 70% of LA County’s open space, yet there are no public transit routes into these public lands.
- Find out more about the need for more parks and green space and access to nature from the Los Angeles Countywide Parks and Recreation Needs Assessment.
- “Thank you for having these activities available for POC communities. Seeing POC families in nature makes me smile.”
- “Comparti con personas que nunca habia visto y me di cuenta que todos podemos ser considerados y empaticos para convivir mejor y respiraciones profundas para estar de buen humano.”
- “Excelente informacion and amabilidad de parte de los presentadores del grupo.”
- “This was a wonderful experience. Apart from spending time in nature it was nice to share space with other members of the community.”
- “We need more of these! Thanks!”
- “It was a relaxing experience no pressure and no rushes through stuff.”
- “I absolutely loved it and I hope to come again.”
- “Muy bien es saludable para todos los personas.”
- “Todo el group muy agradable y egual que los instudora.”
- “Tuvemos muy bien tiempo y la guia fue muy excelente.”
Araceli Hernandez, Program Manager and California Naturalist Instructor
Azeneth Martinez, Program Coordinator and Naturalist in Training
Ariel Dela Cruz, Lead Naturalist
Jordan Salcido- Naturalist in Training
Kyle C., Naturalist in Training
With special support from:
We have hosted trips from Panorama City to Placerita Canyon; South Gate to Bolsa Chica; South San Jose Hills to Bolsa Chica; Midcity to Mailbu Lagoon; Alhambra to Bolsa Chica; Hansen Dam to Malibu Lagoon; Southeast Los Angeles to Placerita Canyon; San Fernando to Malibu Lagoon; San Fernando to Malibu State Park; LA College Prep Academy to Leo Carrillo; South Gate to White Point; and more!
Madre Tierra: Interview with Nature for All’s Araceli Hernández
Telemundo: Segment with Nature for All’s Belén Bernal
Are you a school or group interested in finding out about our trips? Email us!