On Saturday, September 28, 2019, Nature for All presents ALL ABOARD FOR NATURE! Public Lands Day L.A. First we’ll kick off with a family-friendly Morning Festival at Union Station. Then we’ll head out for five transit trips to the beach, the mountains, the L.A. River and parks around Los Angeles County. You’re invited!
Part 1: Morning Festival 8:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Enjoy free activities for all ages, food, music, speakers, and a community education fair!
Location: Union Station’s expansive outdoor South Patio, at Los Angeles’ beautiful, historic transit hub. 800 N Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Booths will include community organizations, agencies and businesses with tons of great resources and information on:
- Free nature trips and programs
- Where are local & regional parks and trails?
- How can I get involved in environmental protection & sustainable living?
- Additional topics: Transit | Social Justice | Family & Health Services | Community & Cultural Services | Local History
9:00-10:00 a.m. — Speakers Lineup honoring Champions of Outdoor Equity & Public Lands Access. We’re recognizing champions who have advanced policies and programs that recognize the importance of access to nature, and communities that most need access to our parks, mountains, rivers and beaches.
Invited guests include:
- Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis (Equity in Parks Measure A Funding for communities with high need)
- U.S. Senator Kamala Harris (Outdoors for All Act to increase urban outdoor recreation opportunities)
- U.S. Congressman Jimmy Gomez (Transit to Trails Bill)
- CA Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia (Prop 68 State Parks Bond)
- Resources Legacy Fund
- Water Foundation
- Metro (Transit to Parks Strategic Plan)
RSVP through Eventbrite today.
Part 2: Choose Your Transit to Trails Adventure! 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Grab your sunscreen and lunch, we’re heading out to *five* different nature destinations across Los Angeles County on transit! Seats are limited, so sign up today to join our special guided adventures to:
- Los Angeles State Historic Park
(Partners: LASHP, Active San Gabriel Valley, Asian Pacific Islander Forward Movement)
- Los Angeles River
(Partner: Friends of the L.A. River)
- Sturtevant Falls in the San Gabriel Mountains
(Partner: National Forest Foundation)
- Kenneth Hahn State Recreation Area in the Baldwin Hills
(Partner: County of Los Angeles Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Santa Monica Beach, Pier, and Heal the Bay Aquarium
(Partner: Heal the Bay Aquarium)
All trips leave Union Station at 10 am. Limited spaces. Required Eventbrite tickets will be posted here soon! Register above to receive notification when they are posted.
RSVP through Eventbrite today:
- Get notified when our 5 trip destinations are open for registration.
- Receive event updates and schedule changes.
Now accepting Exhibitor Booth Applications
We invite community organizations, public agencies and businesses to offer engaging activities and community resources at the Morning Festival Community Fair. Spread the word and invite your favorite organization to join us! For details, see the form below. Deadline: August 28, 2019.
Support with Sponsorship
The All Aboard for Nature! Sponsorship Deck describes event details and excellent ways to support Nature for All’s programs to Protect, Create, and Connect. Your financial support is critical to advance this good work. Find a sponsorship level for you:
#ALLABOARDFORNATURE! Photo Contest
Share your experience with the hashtag #AllAboardforNature, tag us @lanatureforall and post your photos to enter our social media raffle to win prizes! We want to see all the fun you had getting outdoors on National Public Lands Day! You may also email photos to email@example.com to be featured on our social media! Contest winners will receive free swag, and all submissions grant Nature for All permission to use photographs.